Application Materials

1. Completed Application form.

2. Nonrefundable application fee of HK$500, payable to China Education (EE) Ltd.

3. Official transcript of applicant's high school/secondary school academic record. If the transcript does not include the most recently completed term, the applicant or school should also submit a copy of the most recent report card.

4. Proof of English Proficiency Students applying for admission to The Berkeley-CEG Summer Pre-collegiate Program are required to meet the English Proficiency Requirement (EPR). All applicants from countries are required to submit official evidence of English language proficiency score such as TOEFL and IELTS. Waiver could be granted to students who have attended schools at the secondary level (high school) or above for at least three years full-time where English is the principal language of instruction as in some international schools.

5. Personal statement (250-500 words) describing academic preparation, personal interests, and motivation for participating in an intensive academic program.

6. One letter of recommendation.
All students may submit a letter written by a guidance counselor, principal, or headmaster commenting on the student's intellectual ability, English proficiency, level of maturity, and motivation for participating in the Berkeley Summer Program.

Visa Information

For students enrolled in the UC Berkeley Summer Program, follow the steps below to obtain an F-1 or J-1 Student Status:

1. Register for Summer Sessions. During the registration process, you will be guided through questions that will determine whether the F-1 or J-1 is the appropriate status for you. You will be offered the option to request a Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 (F-1) or DS- 2019 (J-1) from UC Berkeley a part of this registration process. The Certificate of Eligibility form is required to apply for your U.S. entry visa.

2. Make an appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your area to apply for a F-1 or J-1 visa stamp. The visa stamp will be placed in your passport and is required for entering the U.S. You will be required to present your form I-20 or DS-2019 along with other documents to get the visa.

3. Enter the U.S with your F-1 or J-1 visa, and your form I-20 or DS-2019.


The fee of USD15,200 for year 2015 includes:

· UC Berkeley tuition fees.

· Books and course materials, excluding the elective course.

· Opening ceremony and graduation, including meals at these events.

· Room, board and meals (breakfast and dinner) on the UC Berkeley campus.

· Recreational excursions.

· Free, student access to all UC Berkeley campus facilities (libraries, gym, museums), including an official UC Berkeley ID card.

· Immigration services and preparation of visas.

· (Students need to cover visa application fee and fee to US Immigration)

· Advising services for students to ensure their academic success.

· Seminar with representatives from the UC Berkeley Office of Undergraduate Admissions to discuss requirements and admissions process.

· Workshop on writing essays for college applications.

· Insurance.

· Round trip ticket from Hong Kong to San Francisco.